Come and join us!
After over 30 years the Buckingham Camera Club has a loyal membership who continue to promote photography in the Buckingham area.
The club members have varied interests in many areas of photography including aviation, natural history, table-top, landscape, still-life, nude and abstract – you name it and we probably have a member interested in it!
The Club is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) through the Chilterns Association of Camera Clubs (CACC). This gives the club access to speakers and judges from a wide geographical area and enables us to participate in a wide range of external competitions in which we often score highly.
The yearly programme is roughly divided into five types of evening:
- Competition nights – Members submit their current work to a competent and independent judge and are awarded marks which accumulate to the Photographer of the Year competition.
- Practical nights – These evenings are a good opportunity to photograph a subject or a special effect as well as try out new things.
- Casual nights – These are normally where we simply meet and discuss our latest projects and share our skills with our fellow photographers.
- Guest speaker nights – We invite an expert to give an illustrated lecture on a specialist subject.
- Social events – Several times in the year (mostly over the summer) we get together and either go for a wander around a local area, meet for a BBQ or arrange special trips to places such as Stowe Landscape Gardens.
Guests are always welcome and please either get in touch using the Contact Us page above or why not come along to one of our weekly meets?
We believe there is a well balanced programme for everyone’s interest and would welcome new members ideas on additions to our already varied programme. Membership of the club is currently £35 per year (£45 for couples), which works out at just 67p per week! As well as the benefits already listed above, membership also entitles you to take advantage of our communal gadgets and accessories such as lighting equipment, studio backgrounds, ColorMunki, projectors and our newly acquired TriggerSmart.